Over the next few weeks I’m building the new SharePoint 2010 Developer Course for Firebrand Training. These are exciting times for SharePoint 2007 (MOSS and WSS 3.0) developers looking to acquire new skills.
The Microsoft SharePoint 2010 platform has really come of age. In my three recent video podcasts, I showed some of my favourite features in SharePoint 2010:
- SharePoint 2010 Enabling Business Agility using Workflow
- SharePoint 2010 Business Connectivity Services and Offline Synchronisation
- SharePoint 2010 Sandbox Solutions
But there’s so much more for the SharePoint Developer to enjoy!
- Visual Studio 2010 SharePoint Projects and Project Items
- LINQ to SharePoint
- Solution and Feature Lifecycle with the Versioning and Upgrade Framework
- SharePoint Designer 2010 and Visio 2010 Integration
- InfoPath 2010 Forms
- Claims Based Security
- SharePoint Powershell Integration
- Lists and Libraries Enhancements
- Branding Improvements
- Enterprise Content Management Improvements, Taxonomies
- Search Improvements
- Excel Services, PerformancePoint Services, PowerPivot for SharePoint
- Access Services
- Office Web Access
- …More! More! More!
To round off my week as the Firebrand Blog guest blogger, I’ve made a high level video overview of some of the new Business Intelligence features in SharePoint 2010. A quick look at the Business Intelligence Center site definition, a look at Excel Web Access and the Excel Web Access Web Part, and finally a peek at the REST API for Excel Services.
Don’t forget you can find all my videos as podcasts on iTunes! Just search for “joelblogs tv” and you’ll find them.